Transitions of Care Committee
- To guide the IWK Transitions of Care Program to be effective, sustainable, and responsive for youth and families in keeping with National standards as they transition from pediatric to adult healthcare.
- To inform transition of care practices at the IWK Health Centre.
- To guide the development of the IWK Transitions of Care Program, facilitate increased awareness, effectiveness, and capacity in supporting youth and families as they transition to adult healthcare.
- To advocate for a responsive, individualized, and diverse transition process.
- To integrate ongoing evaluation of Transitions of care.
- Develop standards of practice for transition from pediatric to adult healthcare.
- Define key roles and responsibilities in the transition of care process.
- Promote early and ongoing collaboration with adult healthcare specialists and primary healthcare providers to facilitate a smooth transition for youth and families.
- Develop a transition education plan to disseminate information to youth, families, and healthcare providers.
- We strive to reflect the diversity of our youth patient population from across Atlantic Canada. Our membership includes youth and young adults with lived experience in transitioning to adult care, parents and caregivers, pediatric and adult health care providers, and community partners.
1-2 year term with option to renew
Reporting and Accountability
Children’s Health leadership and operations committee and Primary Health.
1st Monday of the month