Apply Now - Youth Advisory Council (YAC)
- Do you have experience as a patient at the IWK?
- Do you want doctors, nurses, the CEO and other staff members to know what it’s like to be a patient?
- What could we be doing to improve care and services a the IWK?
- Do you want to share your ideas, work with us and make a difference for other youth at the IWK??
Volunteer with the Youth Advisory Council!
The Youth Advisory Council is for ages 13-18, from anywhere in the Maritimes,who want to:
- Help staff see the hospital through the eyes of the patient and their family
- Make changes within the hospital to help patients and their families
- Not only be heard, be listened to!
- YAC is made up of current and former patients, family members, and youth from the community
- For more information, please view the YAC Rack Card above
How to Join
- Talk to your parent/guardian to decide together if you will be able to make the commitment to attend Office Hours/retreats and participate in projects.
- Fill out and submit the application – that easy. If you or your family have any questions about YAC just contact one of the adult supporters.
Please click to access a PDF version of the YAC application form.
Are you from outside of HRM? That’s no problem for becoming a YAC’er!
We have lots of ways of bringing you in, including our video technology with Child Life, email, Skype – we can figure out a way that works for you. Just let us know you are interested and we’ll connect you in!