Screening & Building Entry
Updated: July 17, 2020 / 12:19 PM
Screening of patients and support people at entrances into the building continues. To streamline patient flow we are asking that patients enter through designated entry points. Signage is in place.
As of Monday, June 1st:
1. Women’s & Newborn Entrance (Women’s Building on University Avenue):
- All patients coming in for services in women’s and newborn health should use this entrance. This includes: Early Labour Assessment Unit (ELAU), labour and delivery (Birth Unit), fetal assessment and treatment centre services, prenatal care unit, obstetrical day unit, adult surgery, gynecology, & neonatal intensive care (NICU).
- A reminder that unfortunately adult patients must attend appointments, including ultrasounds, on their own without additional support people at this time. With pre-approval, adult patients who need assistance due to physical or cognitive limitations, may have a support person accompany them.
2. Children’s University Avenue Entrance (Children’s Building on University Avenue):
- All pediatric patients and their support people coming in for appointments or surgery should use this entrance.
3. Children’s South Street Entrance:
Ideally this entrance is reserved for those coming in for appointments on level 1. This includes: Blood Collection Lab, Diagnostic Imaging, Shared Clinics, Orthopedics, ENT, Respiratory Clinic, and Pulmonary Function Testing.
The Emergency Department remains open and this entrance should only be used for patients visiting Emergency.